Friday, October 10, 2008

And the connection is....?

So I stumbled into an online auction for an autographed guitar, and thought - well, that is cool - who autographed it? The answer: Cast and crew of Big Brother. See for yourself CBS Big Brother signed guitar (Former HG's &Production) - eBay (item 190258478502 end time Oct-20-08 19:00:00 PDT)

Now I officially confess to being a Reality TV-a-holic...fortunately I am able to keep it slightly controlled through the modern miracle of network TV (wahoo!) So I have been known to watch most everything they put in front of me if it involves watching someone else live. Perhaps a bit voyeuristic? Who knows. If I am, many are equally guilty as evidenced by ratings.

I have been known to watch "So You Think You Can Dance", "Dancing with the Stars", "Survivor", "Next Top Model", "Amazing Race"...and yes, shocking..."American Idol"! As for the above mentioned guitar - yep, they have me too, I watch "Big Brother". Nothing more amusing than a bunch of lab mice trying to sort things out without killing each other, all the while having every moment filmed.

So when I saw the autographed guitar, my first thought was - COOL! Then I thought about it a bit more...aside from Evel Dick, I don't see any major connection between a guitar, and the theme of the show. They don't try and start a rock band while living in the house (thank you very much), they were lucky enough to score some video games - I think Guitar Hero might have been one, but umm...still not a major connection. So what is the allure with the guitar for me? Nothing - zip, zilch, nada. Were they house guests and crew to sign oh, I don't know - the Power of Veto box - that I would go for. Autographs on the wheel of doom that they put those keys in? You betcha, I would be game for that too. Even that rubber ducky that spent the summer cruising in circles in the little pool...at least the ducky was there. Sign the ducky, and I have a memento of the show.

Comparison - lets say you are a big fan of "Amazing Race" - so they hold an auction for a pair of Mark Ballas dancing shoes. Sweet - dancing shoes...and those relate to Amazing Race how???? Give me one of those cool "detour" cards, that to me screams "Amazing Race"; dancing shoes? Not so much.

So I am not bidding on the guitar - if you do, good luck in the auction. If you see the "Power of Veto" box up for sale, give me a shout. I am heading off next week to see Jason Michael Carroll, Trace Adkins and Craig Morgan - maybe they will have some Bucky Covington merchandise for sale...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the only connection is me, EvelDick.
And the guitar was given to me so that I could do that and raise some money for one of the charities I am working with.
But, why do people have golfers or singers or... sign baseballs? Yeah, it might seem weird, but who cares. I mean there are a lot more fucked up things going on right now than to worry about if the item that people are signing actually goes with the theme of whatever they did.
The POV box? Well, CBS has that and isn't giving it up. The giant lazy susan that holds 15 keys? That would cost more to ship than it sold for, believe me.. I carried that thing. A bucket of slop? Probly would have worked, maybe next time.

So, sorry if there wasn't a clear enough or any connection and that it bothered you enough to blog about it. I am just trying to do my part and raise some money for a battered woman's shelter. What are you doing? Besides talking about what I am doing?

Feel free to reply back to me on my myspace if you like. www.myspace.com/eveldick
Or better yet, before you do that, check this out on my website (it's under construction, but I have a treat up there for people) I think you will like it.
www.EvelDick.com
What is the connection there?

EvelDick

Buckymania! said...

Sounds like you've got an awesome line up to enjoy this week--enjoy that Trace/Jason/Craig show!