Monday, November 17, 2008

Upcoming "Date"


Looking forward to my upcoming "date with Bucky Cov- ington". Have tickets for his show in Chicago at Joe's Bar on December 12th and can't wait! I have not been to Joe's before but tons of fans who have sing it's praises as a concert venue. I get to test drive it this Friday by indulging in one of my other favorite artists who I came to like via concert contagions.

I have said it before and even dedicated an entire post to it; one thing leads to another. I started out seeing Bucky, then added Jason Michael Carroll to my regular list of "must see". At a Jason show I discovered Jake Owen (ok, so someone obviously discovered him before me, thus the concert - but still!).

So I am off to Joe's to check out Jake Owen and am pretty excited. He has a beautiful voice and also writes the majority if not all of his own lyrics. Currently on the charts for him is "Don't Think I Can't Love You" - which is a beautiful song that touched me deeply. Especially with current state of the economy - this song says it all. You might not get diamond rings, roses, a new car - whatever...but it doesn't mean that he can't love you. 'Nuff said.

No comments: