Sunday, May 4, 2008

DJ Training 101


Today's post is about training your DJ. I know that sounds like a silly topic, but for those of us who's lives revolve around our favorite artist(s) a DJ is a very important friend to have. In all of my adventures requesting Bucky Covington's "It's Good To Be Us" or "A Different World" I failed miserably at striking up any sort of relationship with any of the DJs. It was surely not for a lack of effort, though I did call during the different shifts, and switched it around a bit so perhaps there was no traceable pattern which would work as a conduit for said relationship that never developed.

Now finally (and at a good time certainly with Bucky's new single knocking insistently at the door) I have selected and trained my DJ. I have actually been listening to him for years, as he ends up with the early afternoon/drive home shift plus Saturdays. My job dictates that I spend the majority of my working hours on the road, so naturally the times I am at work are spent listening to the radio. In my conversation mentioned previously, I dialed up the local DJ to thank him for playing Jason Michael Carroll's new single "I Can Sleep When I'm Dead". I thanked him, told him I looooooove the song and so on. End of phone call, moving on. The next time I heard it was exactly 1 week later and within minutes of the time it was played the previous week. Hmmm, well that is bizarre, what are the odds? So again I call, and thank him. It went something like this me: "Thanks!" him: "I was wondering if you would call" me "I listen when I am at work, so I caught it and called". End of that days interaction. The following day - same time AGAIN he plays it, I call - "THANKS!", he says "you're welcome" and talked a bit about a visit he had with JMC in Nashville (and what a darn nice guy he is!) and we hang up, me grinning to myself. Today he played it, I called.....he answered "You're welcome!" so I said thank you, chuckling to myself as I hung up. That ladies and gentlemen is how to train a DJ in 4 easy steps. Gotta love it! Shout out to Tyler Reese with Star 96.3, you rock dude! 96.3 Star Country

Have a few minutes to spare? Allow me to continue promoting my other addiction, check out Jason's very new video for "I Can Sleep When I'm Dead" over on CMT!
CMT : Videos : Jason Michael Carroll : I Can Sleep When I'm Dead

No comments: