Friday, May 2, 2008

Collecting Rocks?


Thanks to a heads up from Winnie (hi Winnie!) I ventured over to Steve Cook's journal to see what the latest and greatest on tour adventures are. While I cannot speak for the rest of the folks on the bus, it seems Steve is busy filling the bus full of rocks. I can actually identify with that problem, I have always liked pretty rocks and have a hard time walking by a nicely landscaped yard and not taking one home with me. I actually have 2 geode pieces that I just found a few weeks back landscaping a park. Given enough time I would have taken home all of the pretty ones. Mind you Steve is working to landscape his own yard (perhaps one day I will visit and steal one of those rocks for my own collection) while I just snag them for no apparent reason aside from liking to look at them. I rent so I won't be landscaping...in fact the two treasures from my last adventure are sitting on my microwave, I guess I could landscape it. Check Steve's journal for more about life on the road Steve Cook | Shiny Bass | Journal

On a quick Bucky note, I spoke to my local DJ today after calling him to thank him graciously for playing JMC's "I Can Sleep When I'm Dead" and requested that he play Bucky to continue appeasing me. He said he would see what he could do, but asked me about my thoughts on his new single. Caught completely unprepared I told him it was beautiful. Hindsight is 20/20, I am not sure I would sum it up as merely beautiful. Anyhow I asked if it was on the play list yep (NOPE!) and asked when they would be adding it. He was able to confirm that it is being officially released as a single this coming Monday, so hopefully that will help get it into play. I can't wait til I hear it in the regular rotation!

No comments: