Monday, June 9, 2008

Nashville Star Debut!


I finally was able to watch Nashville Star tonight, thanks to it being moved to network TV. I have to say I am giving it a big thumbs up, even if one of my faves to win was voted off at the end of the first episode. Watching the judges interact with the stars, and Billy Ray giving everyone a good old southern wahoo after each performance was well worth the wait. It will be great to see how it pans out, there is some genuine talent on the show, along with a token hottie or 2. Missed it this week? Check your local listings for NBC on Monday nights.

Today I have been stumbling across bizarre little bits and pieces of news. Some have baffled me, some made me say "WOW!", and some are just plain cool....allow me to share:

James Otto is apparently 6 foot 5 inches tall, dang!

Taylor Swift has been added to the growing list for the upcoming Hannah Montana movie. Tally thusfar to the best of my knowledge is Rascal Flatts, Marcel, Bucky Covington and Taylor. I am sure I missed someone, but I am enjoying watching the list grow!

Trace Adkins will be making an appearance on next weeks Nashville Star (I am a big Trace fan, so any time Trace is on tv is notable!)

At the Fan Fair, Bucky sang A Different World, It's Good To Be Us and Another Brick in the Wall. I'll walk was noticeably absent. Inquiring minds wonder why?

While I am not a gigantic fan of Toby Keith, I cannot get that song "She's A Hottie" out of my head. It makes me want to get out in the street and dance.

A fellow blogger has compiled a list of the "Cool" and "Uncool" of country music. I don't know what the criteria is based on, but she lists Bucky as "Cool, but challenged" (?) Sweetpea's Blog!!: THE LIST (don't get me started on what she said about JMC)

That wraps up the discoveries for the day. By my clock voting has closed for the Banner Contest over at Buckytown, USA . There have also been some updates to the tour schedule at Buckytown, plus links to some awesome pics from the weekend.

Lastly - if you have not already done so, check out Bucky's MySpace (linky to the right) for some great photos of his booth from this weekend. I even caught a glimpse of the new t-shirt in the background! Can't wait to add it to my collection.

No comments: