Monday, February 25, 2008

It's all about the bling...

Have you ever noticed how the new country artists seem to be sporting more and more jewelry! And not just the girls - the men get their bling on too. I have seen Bucky sporting a variety of necklaces and pendants, earrings and rings, and the coolest bracelets. Used to be a guy was dressed up in a belt buckle and maybe a pair of spurs, plus the occasional bolo tie.

Nowadays I think the guys may well spend as much time coordinating their bling as the ladies do picking out shoes. I love it, nothing greater on a guy than some shiny stuff to draw a little extra attention. It isn't enough for me to see it, I have to know what it is too, and if I could I would like to know the why behind it. Bucky wears rings on a chain around his neck, and I swear at one of my meet and greets (powers that be permitting I get more) I am going to ask what the significance is. I know they mean something special, I just don't know what that is. It probably really isn't any of my business either, but there is just something kinda sexy about men and their jewelry. One of his bracelets has what appears to be mice on it - cute little sterling mice. I am sure they are not mice, but once again I don't know. I really need to ask. If and when I get the chance (and remember the clear urgency of the question) I will post it here to satisfy other curious minds.

Speaking of bling - how about we send Bucky's single, It's Good To Be Us up the charts - I am pretty sure we can turn a single either gold or platinum. I am sure he would like something blingy to hang in his house, something we all helped make. You want a part of that deal? Keep doing what you are doing - and you know by now what that is. For the new viewer or two that stumbles onto the blog while googling "bling" and gets here on accident - call your local country station and tell them you want to hear "It's Good To Be Us" by Bucky Covington. In a few hours (shift change) call and tell them again. If we can up those spins, I am sure we can get something gold or platinum for Bucky, and I am sure he will love it!

No comments: