Sunday, February 24, 2008

Observations and Opinions

As I mentioned in an earlier post this week, I went to see Jason Michael Carroll and Trace Adkins. I would have gone to see Bucky if he were nearby, honest! But he wasn't - so I was forced (grin) to go see Jason and Trace. The show rocked of course, and I had the opportunity to visit Trace's merchandise table where they happened to have his new *only* book for sale. If you happen across a copy, I highly recommend adding it to your MUST READ list. He has a lot to say about a lot of things, and the vast majority of his thoughts are spot on.

I hope that one day I will be reading a book written by Bucky, but until then I will hold my spot in Trace's book with my trusty Bucky bookmark.

Speaking of holding spots - we are still at 16 on Mediabase. It is just a baby step from #15, a few extra requests and video streams away. On the subject of video streams - they are cruel and unusual punishment for those of us on dial up. It just doesn't happen, we are lucky we can stream email much less video.

I can sometimes persuade You Tube to work in my favor, I can buffer a 3 minute video in just over an hour, then watch it assuming it buffered correctly. While spending an hour buffering a video may seem like a complete waste of time, for those of us still living with one foot still firmly planted in the stone age it is the only way we get Bucky videos.

No cable tv, no cable internet. Just me , my rabbit ears and 1 phone line - and Bucky videos on the days I have that hour to spare.

Call and request It's Good To Be Us - and while you are at it, add a live stream or 5 for those of us who can't.

1 comment:

Buckymania! said...

Oh, that is frustrating! Dial up is hard--you know, I feel your pain, since I have only had DSL (wobbly DSL, at that) for about a year and a half. You are a devoted and patient soul, I can tell! In your honor, I will stram again today. Take care!