Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Slow Learner?


It is official - Bucky Covington's road manager Don Harris' last gig as tour manager has happened - this past weekend in New York. I am terribly bummed about this, but wish the best to Don. Hopefully he isn't "leaving" so much as branching out. If anyone has info, please let me know.

So out with the old (sorry Don - had to say it!) and in with the new. Mick Cyrus is the new tour manager, and is half brother to Billy Ray Cyrus. I hopefully will get a chance to see/talk to Mick at the upcoming show, but it is going to be awkward. Finally had Don figured out, and then they go and change things up.

So first the band changed - now the manager. The music industry is a dynamic one to say the least, with things constantly in motion. My other favorite artist (read below for a hint, cooties post) also has a new road manager - and recently "lost" one of his main band members to another artist. A bit confusing going to a show and looking around for "Dan", even asking the DJ's about him - only to find out there is no "Dan". "Dan" also went to another artist. So if I really dig the tour managers - am I supposed to follow them with their new artists, plus the old artist with the new manager - plus the new artists of old band members? There are only 365 days in a year (well, most of the time...) and I don't see how I can possibly keep up with all these people who I have grown fond of, much less make it out to see them. A few of them hold special places on my myspace list, but others were never added and now are mere memories.

Tonight I will crack open a lite and say a toast to my friends past. To Don, Shaun B, Hans, Dan and Trey - I wish you nothing but the best and I hope our paths will cross again. To Shaun M, Collin, Steve, Jeff, Tom, Scott, Bruce and Mick - welcome and hope you can stay a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Midask, make sure you put Bucky's whole name in the actual post so that we get google alerts on your blog updates. I just happened across this one.

Fran