Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bigger and Badder



I love the web, and need to send a thank you to Steve over at http://www.shinybass.com for enlightening me to an interesting fact (or pile of them literally!) I knew from the moment that I set eyes on Bucky's road manager that he was a force to be reckoned with - he is a big guy and I would never want to be on his bad side, ever. I had no idea about his past though, which makes him honestly even more ominous. (My road manager can beat up your road manager?)

Both Don and his twin brother Ron are former professional wrestlers. You can check out http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/h/harris-brothers.html for the low down. I think this is pretty dang cool, I was joking with my hubby who is a wrestling fan that he had been getting the wrong autograph at the shows! Awesome, would love to hear the story sometime of how they made the transition from wrestling to managing, if anyone knows feel free to share, I will gladly post it here to the blog! Don & Ron - you guys are awesome!

Now we need to work even harder to bump Bucky up the charts. We don't need Ron and Don on our bad side. Keep calling and requesting, keep those live streams going too on CMT. Get your say in at CMT and GAC as well!

Additionally I wanted to post a quick reminder that Tuesday is the big day we have been waiting for, the announcement for nominees for the ACM awards. Good luck Bucky!

1 comment:

Kgator/Kerri said...

Don & Ron Harris, Mark Miller, & Hobie Hubbard all lived in the same town in Florida and went to high school together. Through all the years they have stayed friends and after Ron retired from wrestling, he went to work for Mark & Mark's BeachStreet Record Company and helped with Sawyer Brown and some of the Christian groups like Casting Crowns. Then Ron got Bucky started, helping him on the GAC Christmas tour. Meanwhile Don continued to wrestle for a while, then retired from the ring and worked in the Production side of wrestling. When Bucky started touring full time, Don left TNA Wrestling and became the road manager while Ron usually stays in Nashville running O Seven Artist Management. I am friends with Don & Ron also. :) Kgator~Kerri