Saturday, March 8, 2008

Lost, 2 Bullets - If Found Please Call...

Egads! Horror of horrors, we have actually LOST spins! -26 on the top 500, -24 on weighted! So I want to run an ad - can't afford to, but want to...it would read "Lost, 2 Bullets. If found please call your local radio station and requests It's Good To Be Us. Reward offered for return or information leading to return." It doesn't make much sense I suppose, but I would still love to place it. Our local paper has a free lost/found column, wonder if they would fall for it...

So what can we do about this? Well, we could hire a Crime Scene Investigator to investigate our missing bullets, check DNA or something - look for clues leading to their location and return. Would it work? Probably not, but I have watched enough episodes of CSI that I would not entirely rule out the possibility. We could try stealing someone else's bullet to replace ours, but that just seems morally wrong, that whole do unto others thing. Perhaps we could get our old shiny bullets back if we spent a bit of time requesting our favorite song, It's Good To Be Us.

I know spring is on the way for some of us, and has sprung for others (I have proof, I have seen flowers blooming!) but we need to stick to our guns on this. At this moment there are no "superstar" chart climbers in our immediate vicinity, so we should be able to regain those spins with minimal difficulty. So do what you do best, pick up the phone and get those requests in. Talk to the DJ's too, let them know how much you appreciate them spinning the song. We may need to ramp up our tactics a bit, thus actually letting the DJs know we appreciate them and what they do, but we CAN and WILL do this!



A little side adventure that I had planned before the ghastly check of the charts (and the palpitations following!) My usual radio station tonight diverted me a couple digits south of it's normal parking space and the next thing I hear a station ID themselves as Bucky Country. Say it ain't so! An entire radio station named Bucky! I can't normally pull them in, so I presume the planets aligned just so to provide me with a smile - figured I would share anyhow. You can check out their website at http://www.buckycountry959.com/ and listen to them online as well. Pretty cool if you ask me!

1 comment:

Buckymania! said...

What a fun find--"Bucky Country" sounds like a nice place to visit. And good news about the bullets--they have been located and returned to their rightful and happy owner this morning. :)

Love reading your blog!