Tuesday, April 22, 2008

CMA Fest, It's Good To Be Us


The official word is out for the big CMA Fest - Bucky is on for Sunday June 8th. Tickets are now on sale, both single day passes as well as event long passes. If you can make the Fest, be sure and tell Bucky I said HI!

IG2BU has officially gone recurrent on the Radio & Records charts, but is still receiving major airplay. Slowly stations are testing the waters with I'll Walk, and as mentioned it should be on your local station soon. Bucky's official website has also wrapped up the IG2BU Contest, congrats to the Florida Shine group! Hopefully everyone will enjoy a short break before we start pounding the pavement (and phone lines) for I'll Walk.

I should point out that this blog was created as a result of that same contest. I named the blog after the song, and have posted on the behalf of Team Wisconsin while continuing the blog. While the contest may be over, the friendships made both at BCO and on the individual teams will go on. It is my intention to continue the blog indefinitely and allow it to continue it's tribute to Bucky. Now I may deviate slightly. I am first and foremost a Bucky fan, but also appreciate other country music and artists. In fact I have Bucky to thank for my newfound "Honky Tonk Friend" status. Without Bucky I would not have discovered Jason Michael Carroll who I absolutely adore as well as Cole & Shade Deggs. Bucky has also brought me both Luke and Dierks, neither of which I would have pursued previously yet both of which I have gained an appreciation for. So thanks to Bucky - this will remain a Bucky fan blog but will also become just a little bit more from time to time.

No comments: