Friday, April 4, 2008

Shiny Sparkly Things!


That is a phrase I use when I am feeling extremely ADHD. Mind you I am not ADHD, but every once in a while I have the attention span of a toddler in a china shop. Today is one of those days. The weather was perfect, low 50s (downright tropical for Wisconsin!) and sunny. Light spring breeze, the robins were out and bullfrogs were harmonizing in ways only bullfrogs can. I simply cannot focus, I have 16 browser windows open (on dial up!) and for the life of me can't remember what half of them are - they were important though, just for a brief moment. Then something shiny and sparkly comes along, and I am off on the next mini-adventure for a minute or two (until the next new thing comes along).

Fortunately I managed to reign all this in ever so briefly for tonights conference call from Birmingham. I am sad to report that it was painfully short (made even shorter by knowing that it is the same trio of artists I am seeing next week, so Bucky's set will again be short). One a bright note, Bucky sounded fabulous on the parts I could hear, American Friday Night and I'll Walk were crystal clear, the others may or may not have been songs, may or may not have been Bucky - gotta love cell phones, sun spots, satellite dishes, and all the other things that end up in cahoots when you are trying to listen to a concert! I have similar experiences with the HDTV thing, we don't have cable or satellite, just rabbit ears. If the wind blows, or a car drives by, or a bird chirps out of tune - there goes the reception. Technology is wonderful, isn't it? (Did I mention shiny sparkly things??)

So thank you Hildi, Bunny and everyone else who works to put the conference calls together. It is appreciated, and I truly enjoyed the songs I could hear. The band sounded smokin' hot, and the crowd while small certainly sounded like they were having a great time. With any luck they will request It's Good To Be Us on their way home from the show, and tomorrow, and the day after. We sure could use the help, and a couple thousand new fans would sure do it. We still have our bullets, but they aren't going to help us hold on much longer. We need a big boost in the requests folks, if you can set aside even 5 additional minutes a day to dedicate to requests, it will make a huge difference. Keep in mind you are not doing it because I asked you to, or Winnie or Lisa or Bunny or even Hildi, you are doing it for Bucky. If he had the time to call you and ask you to request, he would - but he doesn't. We need to keep pushing It's Good To Be Us up the charts, I'll Walk is on the horizon and to have it come in on the heels of a #1 hit would ROCK. More tomorrow!

No comments: